Membership Eligibility and Dues
A member of Village Friends (VF) is anyone who meets the membership eligibility criteria and pays the annual dues which help support VF activities and services. Our members are termed “subscribers.”
In order to become a VF member, an individual must be age 60 years of age or older and reside within Auburn or Opelika city limits. VF does not consider gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation or beliefs, or marriage status when determining eligibility for membership.
MEMBERS ARE CATEGORIZED AS FOLLOWS:
An active subscriber is a member who pays dues on an annual basis in return for receiving VFVV volunteer services throughout the course of a 12-month period. For record keeping purposes only, all subscribers are further divided into primary and secondary members.
Primary member: a subscriber who pays for a single, individual VF membership.
Secondary member: when a couple holds a joint membership in which both individuals are subscribers, one person is designated the primary member and is responsible for paying the joint dues. The primary member's spouse or partner, who also is a subscriber, is designated the secondary member.
A nonmember is any individual or organization that is not an active member. Nonmembers fall into one or more of the following categories:
• Donor - an individual, couple, or organization that provides a tax-deductible contribution to VFVV, either monetary or as an in-kind donation.
• Family - a nonsubscriber blood relative of a subscriber.
• Friend- a nonsubscriber close personal friend of a subscriber.
• Paid staff- an individual who is compensated for providing VFVV-related work.
• Contractor - an independent individual or business recommended by VFVV that provides goods or services to a subscriber at a price negotiated between the contractor and the subscriber.
• Volunteer- an individual who is not compensated for performing VFVV-related services. Important note: VFVV members may also serve as volunteers.
• Supporting partner- an organizational entity which offers services that are complementary or supplemental to the services provided by VFVV. The organization frequently will be nonprofit, but may be a for-profit company, notincluding VFVV contractors. The organization subscribes to VFVV's stated mission and has agreed to maintain a working relationship with VFVV in order to advance said mission. If the supporting partner also has made a tax-deductible contribution to VFVV, the organization also will be classified as a donor.
$240 Individual | $360 for Household
The annual VF dues for an individual subscriber are $240 and for a two-subscriber household are $360.
Dues must be paid in full before services are rendered.
The annual VF dues for an individual subscriber are $240 and for a two-subscriber household are $360. Dues must be paid in full before services are rendered.
Termination of agreement: VF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate this agreement at any time. If VF terminates this agreement, it will return a portion of the annual fee paid on a prorated basis dating from the month of termination.
The subscriber(s) may terminate this agreement at any time by providing written notice to VFVV. If the subscriber(s) terminate(s) this agreement, a 16% administrative fee will be deducted from the fee total and an amount prorated by month will then be refunded based on the remaining months in that subscription year.